Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Time Travelling

Hello again!

Time to take things a little more further.

As a traveller, one does not always move forwards or in newer places/directions. Sometimes we indulge in time travelling too!

I have been wondering how to take my ideas forward in a fun-filled, profitable manner that not only speaks volumes about the destinations that it shall go to, but also thoroughly enjoys the journey! Now you may wonder where and when does an MBA student find the time to indulge in such luxuries such as free time, let me remind you that thinking can actually be multi tasked. While performing the mundane everyday tasks - washing or ironing clothes, walking towards mess/academic block/hostel, while working out in the gym. Deep thoughts usually occur when your head and ears are submerged with your head-down in the swimming pool. That is when I think of travelling, of backpacking away, of visiting places that are far away and I can only yet imagine them in my mind's eyes. But I am sure of one thing - I know I shall get there one day.

So, coming back to time traveling. I have to admit, I tend to learn a lot of lessons from introspection and not forgetting the lessons that life has taught me the hard way.

Here is a brief look at some of the things that travelling has taught me
* Travel is pure pleasure, ecstasy that is so great - I can bet no form of drug/alcohol, etc can ever match up. Travelling makes you high on life.
* Traveling is always fun. The entire idea of getting from one place to another using one or more means of transport is totally cool. And yes, I am not restricting myself to any means of transportation.
* Company matters. If you are a travel freak, I am sure you will not like to have company that cribs and cries over every bump in the road. Sometimes, no company is best company. It leaves you more time to introspect, analyze, plan and focus.
* Planning is important, sticking to the plan is not always so. Getting from Point A to Point B is not always the point, a lot of times, it is far more fun to go from Point A to Point B via Point C, D, E & F!
* Packing is equally important. The less you carry, the better. Like the famous Sufi Shayar said,
"Insaan ke khwahisho ki koi intehaa nahi; do gaz zameen chahiye, do gaz kafan ke baad."

And so on and so forth...

Now that I keep these pointers in mind, I begin to wonder if I ever were to cater to travellers in any form, what form should I choose? Being stationary is not an option that I look at. I know I want to travel, I want to keep moving. The thirst for travel is ever increasing. Add to that my love for mentally documenting every little detail that I note when I am on the go. It's a different matter all together that I rarely document it on paper. I know I should. I do have some of it written down, not all, I regret. But I can still draw clear pictures of the places that I have been to. Maybe just maybe, I can be the light at the end of the tunnel. I can the trail marks for things to come, for places to go to, for sights to be met. I can be tomorrow.

The traveler was active; he went strenuously in search of people, of adventure, of experience. The tourist is passive; he expects interesting things to happen to him. He goes "sight-seeing." Daniel J. Boorstin

2 comments:

  1. I love traveling too..but no scope for the next few months now!! I'd rather travel in time :)
    Someday I'd love to cover the whole planet & maybe more...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here...All I am trying to figure out how to make traveling so feasible...that let's say, money or time do not remain a constraint any more... Time traveling... I would love that too...I wonder when, if ever, we will have technology like that!

    ReplyDelete

Hi,

I would really like to know your opinion - whether its about this particular post or my blog - feel free to shower me with bouquets or brickbats (or both!)

-Rashida